broad and powerful
Violin and bow maker John H. Erickson was born in 1893 in Tibro, Sweden. He emigrated to the US in 1911, apprenticed under Walter Goss in Boston until 1913 and worked for the Vega company making plucked string instruments. In 1918, Erickson worked for William Lewis & Son in Chicago. Later, he moved to Brunswick, Indiana to work independently. Erickson made almost 400 instruments before his death in 1975 in Brunswick.