The Orofino is Charles Rufino's unique "shop brand" of instrument. These instruments are made from the finest materials are refined to precise specifications in their workshop.
After their master violin makers choose a candidate to be re-crafted, they begin their extensive process to remake the instrument from the inside out for superior resonance, tonal quality, and player comfort:
- the top is removed
- the interior is re-worked to professional specifications
- the thicknesses of the sides, top and back are adjusted
- a tonally superior new bassbar is fitted
- their secret sauce for tonal improvement is applied to the interior before it is closed up
- the neck and fingerboard is reshaped to professional specifications for ease of playability
Afterwards, each Orofino is finished with the same handmade varnishes applied to Charles Rufino’s Master instruments. Finally, the instrument gets a professional-quality set up with fine quality pegs, soundpost, bridge and tailpiece and strung up with the highest grade of strings.
Musicians can enjoy a truly custom, handmade instrument for a fraction of the price of one of Charles Rufino’s professional instruments.
This viola features rosewood pegs, a rosewood chinrest and tailpiece and Pirastro Obligato strings.